Thursday, July 14, 2005

Big-Ass Table









First off, let me say thanks to F.M.. Dude, that thing was a monster!
Ok, I bought a new counter-top height dining table, and six chairs. This bad boy is huge. What makes me a little mad is you go and spend over $800 and they don't even keep the stuff in stock. They told us 2-6 weeks for it to come in, and then they want to charge you extra to deliver it to your house.
So, my bro F.M. came to the rescue with his truck. I met him at the shop and we drove over. At least the store people (newly created race of humans) loaded it onto the truck for no extra charge.
We came back to the house and unloaded the chairs; this isn't so bad... Okay, now to unwedge this box from between the wheel wells of the truck bed. Dude, I think I tore my sac!
Once out of the truck, we decided to take the thing out of the box right there in the driveway. We could maybe lessen the spinal damage by separating the legs from the top. Good idea, each leg tipped the scales at a good 15 pounds a piece, saving us 60 pounds.
After we got it into the house, F.M. was going to leave and then he asked if I wanted to get my car or not. Oh, the vacation your mind can take when you're on leave!

Here's a few pics with 4 of the 6 chairs. I threw the broom in to see the scale of this thing. The other two chairs are put away for now, until we get some friends!
Here it is closed, with our broom.











Here it is full open, with the broom on top.









Sorry if I sound all braggy, but we've never had nice stuff, so I'm kind of proud.

3 Comments:

At Thu Jul 14, 06:15:00 AM GMT+9, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, your mind does go on vacation. Matay will attest to that. Beautiful table by the way. So who picked it out, you or the wife, or the kids?

 
At Thu Jul 14, 04:32:00 PM GMT+9, Blogger Tokyo Slim said...

Thank you. We actually agreed on this table without discussion (clouds part, sun beams shine down, choir sings in the background).
Sturdy construction, good chairs, no fabric on the seats, natural finish, no painted on varnish BS like the other tables we looked at.

 
At Fri Jul 15, 01:46:00 AM GMT+9, Blogger Tokyo Slim said...

That's why I never hit the package store without a dictionary under my arm!

Glad to hear you made it in alright.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home