Monday, July 04, 2005

Where's Slim's Blood?

A new Low is reached. If my "Life and Times" weren't boring enough, you can now check back for the on-going progression of blood under my thumb-nail.

Just near 1 month ago, we had our FTX (Field Training Exercise) and I smashed my left thumb setting up a cot. It hurt, so freakin' bad, but despite my being alone, I didn't cry. But it was close. 8 June, everyone was at evening chow on the 1st day. I stayed behind to monitor ops on the shower shave, waiting to get relieved. I decided to set up cots to sit on , as it was our staging area,and I pinched my thumb just below the nail. The base of my nail turned blue.

M.K. said I'd lose the nail, he was wrong. Take that M.K.!

So now the blood pocket has traveled half-way up my nail. It is definitely half-way. This picture is on 4 July. Keep coming back to watch my blood rise! If the pictures no good, tough. The flash is a bitch to control. Try to photo yer own nail!

2 Comments:

At Mon Jul 04, 10:01:00 PM GMT+9, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Ms. Lilly spies a hand of cards behind the blue thumb. Could this be one of your past times?

As for the thumb, you are just in line for a right way to celebrate the red,white, and BLUE way of life this 4th.

 
At Tue Jul 05, 03:51:00 AM GMT+9, Blogger Tokyo Slim said...

How festive. I had no idea my thumb was so patriotic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home