Friday, July 22, 2005

Tale of the Tape

My tape-measure got packed and shipped with my pro-gear. This sucks. I have to get both of my kids height for their "No-Fee" passports that they need to go back to Japan. They have their own, personal ones that they've used to go back to Japan for a vacation, but I guess the AF just wants to make sure they are who I say they are. Kinda like the Lady from the old Hanes Underwear Commercial.

LadyftoHUC: It don't say Hanes, till I say it says Hanes!

That's enough reminiscing, back to my problem. So I need their height in inches, but all I have is a metric tape-measure, and I really hate doing conversion math on leave. Any kind of math, really. Also, I need to get new filters for the furnace, but I don't know what size. The lasts ones I got were too small, and I used 'em anyway because I was too lazy to take 'em back. Don't roll your eyes like that; they're gettin' the job done!

Oh! Kid #2 just waltzed outta bed, hang on... 104 cm for kid #2.

104 cm
x .39
40.6 inches
That wasn't so bad, now if lazy Kid #1 would shake a leg I can move on to the filters.
Oh crap, I have a briefing on Terrorists to be vigilant against during my upcoming travels (the AF worries and loves us so much) in a few minutes, the tape must wait. Bye.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home