Monday, August 22, 2005

Meeting Matay

Another damn email post. I've been here over two weeks, and my stuff still
hasn't gotten here. The transition between me and the last guy went quite
poorly. I was getting a little stressed out last week and was about ready to
snap by the time Friday was over. I grabbed a ticket to Osan and left on the
0730 bus on Saturday morning. Just what I needed.

My buddy Matay met me at Osan's BX, and we cruised over to the golf course
for a couple hot stone-bowls of Bi Bim Bap and sides of Kimchi! Fantastic.

Then we Bee-bopped and skatted over to Suwon and I tossed my gear into the
room Matay snagged for me; what a host!

We took the train over to Suwon City and walked around town. There must been
50 BBQ joints (with the grill in the table so you cook yer own food right
there) in that city, and we only walked a few blocks around the train
station. My ass is definitely going back there!

We ended up eating at a restaurant on the fifth floor over the station. We
ordered Beef Bulgogi for two and cooked it up there at the table. There were
these long skinny green peppers that you dip in the miso-pepper paste that
kicked butt. As we ate, the plate of Romaine Lettuce (for wrapping) was
dwindling down. We were gonna ask for more, and then I decided to wait until
the plate was completely empty. As I grabbed the last piece of lettuce, a
waitress came swooping in out of no-where! She had a fresh plate of lettuce
down in the blink of an eye!

Matay got stuffed and stopped, and I dug deep to finish the plate off. Very
tasty food, great service, good price. My dumb ass forgot my camera back at
the room at Suwon, but I promise to take some food pictures this weekend and
get 'em on the blog. I should get internet access at Chez Slim on Thursday
or Friday.

So, my thanks go out to my buddy Matay for a great weekend. He upgraded my
spot on his couch to a whole damn room to myself, and he showed me around
his towns and got me re-acquainted with the train systems.

Mahalo, Matay!

1 Comments:

At Tue Aug 23, 12:20:00 AM GMT+9, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Lilly is so glad that you went up there, not only was it good for you, but good for Matay. He did nothing yesterday, but brag about you and what you two did all weekend..Thank you for going and it sounds as though you had the time of your life...Take care Tokyo Slim. OH, and Squish says hi as she is jumping around the living room at the sound of your name.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home