Monday, September 05, 2005

Slim's Theory on Kim Jong Il's Bad Hair

So I've figured out why this chick magnet:




















Has really crappy hair. It's North Korea. Being in North Korea turns your hair to crap. “Prove it” you say? Ok, here's a picture of me on the North Korean half of T2; the building where the armistice to end the Korean War was signed:














Voila, crappy hair. I rest my case.

Well, I had a really good weekend, despite leaving my return bus ticket in my room at Kunsan. As stated in the brochure, my two night stay at Club Matay was very comfortable. We left early Saturday morning for Osan, grabbed a quick bite and jumped on the Bus headed for Tunnel 3.

Tunnel 3 was the third North Korean tunnel discovered beneath the DMZ since November 1974. It runs through bedrock at a depth of 73 meters. The 1.6 kilometer-long tunnel is 1.95 meters tall and 2.1 meters wide, penetrates 435 meters south of the Military Demarcation Line, capable of moving a full division per hour plus their weapons. It’s one hell of a hike down and back! The jerks won’t let you take pictures down there, but here are some pics from topside.













As a result of the division of the two Koreas, families were also divided, and the world they had known. The two Koreas working together to bring their world together again.













Below are some South Korean soldiers. Two of them are ordered to remain completely motionless, can you guess which ones they are?











A glimpse of North Korea, across the DMZ.










Then we moved on to Dorasan Station. It’s the Northernmost Train Station in South Korea. Ironically, it doesn’t go north. They say it will one day connect North and South Korea, after the Unification. I think they smoke huge amounts of crack. Big Kim’s got the North so locked down, he’ll never let the Unification happen; Just my opinion.

All aboard for Pyeongyang, the capital of North Korea. Buy your ticket and have a seat; the train will be along in 50 years.














Dorasan Station is also the northern-most place to buy popcorn, as demonstrated by my man Matay, snacking his way north to Communism:




















Break for lunch, a bowl of Bi Bim Bap:














Some pictures after lunch:












































I'm not sure what this says, but I thought it was cool.



















The rest of the DMZ is coming tomorrow, gotta get some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home