Thursday, August 25, 2005

Holy Crap; Finally!!!

Hooray!!! I’ve finally got internet access in my room. I am actually sitting here, typing away and I’m not worried about losing my connection; life is grand. It’s been three weeks today that I’ve been here at Kunsan and it really sucked without the internet. I didn’t realize how much I relied on it, I guess. One big thing was not being able to log on here and check for comments or post new drivel. I’ve also been waiting to talk to my wife and kids on the ‘ole webcam, which we could do now, if it weren’t 4:30 in the morning in MT.

More great news: My stuff comes tomorrow afternoon!!! Three weeks and one day, not too bad of a wait I guess. My coffee mug and Thermos! My bicycle, no more walking! My TV and PS2! A second pair of boots! Unfortunately, we drained and washed out the Pre-Sedimentary tanks at the Water Plant today, so I get wet boots tomorrow morning. I missed my chest waders by one day; that sucks.
Here’s the hustle and bustle of the big city outside Kunsan AB. This was taken from our pump station out on the reservoir; smack dab in the middle of a rice field. It makes my Agent Orange kick in.














Here’s another picture of Yogi. Sometimes I call her Yogi Bulgogi; it makes me laugh but the Koreans don’t. They've either heard it a million times or they prefer chicken. I talk to her a lot during the day. She's the first dog I've known that recognizes the word "reservoir." She likes to ride there in the truck I guess, but I haven't taken her there myself. You're gonna get sick of my Yogi pictures, most likely.














Here's the tank we drained today, before we drained it:




















Here's what it looks like drained. At the reservoir, we add charcoal to the water to absorb odor and taste. When it comes to the Water Plant, the charcoal settles in this tank before it moves on to the clarifiers. The black sludge you see is that charcoal. It's so much fun to clean:





















Here comes the water from the reservoir to fill it back up. Yes, its a thrill-a-minute at the Water Plant. By the way, it may look disgusting in these pictures, but this is only step 2 in the entire treatment process. It ends up clean, clear and safe. I drink that water all day!















Wow, it's past my bed time! This is the first time I've been up past 8:15pm this week! Sleep's a great way to kill time when you have no TV.

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home