Saturday, August 27, 2005

Mireuksa Temple; Exploring Iksan

So I'm not much of a tour-taker. I'd much rather just go out and experience stuff on my own. The whole agenda is within my control. I can see what I want to see, spend as much time as I want , and you don't have to worry about people in your tour group being idiots.

I chose the city of Iksan for this weekends' trip. I took 103 pictures, here's some of them.

As promised, here's some food: Chicken Bulgogi, start and finish with some sides.









































I went to The Mireuksa Temple. Check the link above (Click this Post's Title) to learn about this amazing piece of Korean Buddhist History. Here's how the Temple was laid out in the 600's AD.



























This building was constructed around the remains of the temple to protect it while it is being restored.













And here's the restoration job inside.














The West Pagoda






































Here's a close up of the bronze wind chimes, I wish there was enough breeze to hear them ring, but there wasn't.
























I stopped here to eat and kill time waiting for the bus to come:













The menu was written in Korean on the wall. No pictures, no English. I pointed to "noodles" in my dictionary and got a cold noodle soup. It looked very nice, but I forgot to take a picture before I tore into it, but here it is after I remembered:













And my sides:













Here's three boys catching fish with a net in a river.



























If you come to Korea in the summer, you will see red peppers drying in the streets everywhere you go, I mean everywhere!




















And here's huge bags of them in a market:













That's all for now.

1 Comments:

At Sun Aug 28, 02:05:00 AM GMT+9, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, the food looks awsome...I am glad you are having fun exploring...Tell Matay to update his blog..This is from ms. lilly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home